Kurt Freund & Robin J Watson. The proportions of heterosexual and homosexual pedophiles among sex offenders against children: An exploratory study. Journal of Sex & Marital Therapy. Volume 18, 1992 - Issue 1 Pages 34-43. Published online: 14 Jan 2008.
Previous investigations have indicated that the ratio of sex offenders against female children vs. offenders against male children is approximately 2:1, while the ratio of gynephiles to androphiles among the general population is approximately 20:1. The present study investigated whether the etiology of preferred partner sex among pedophiles is related to the etiology of preferred partner sex among males preferring adult partners. Using phallometric test sensitivities to calculate the proportion of true pedophiles among various groups of sex offenders against children, and taking into consideration previously reported mean numbers of victims per offender group, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was calculated to be approximately 11:1. This suggests that the resulting proportion of true pedophiles among persons with a homosexual erotic development is greater than that in persons who develop heterosexually. This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children.
Notes and simple explanation of the above:
- The words "androphile" and "gynephiles" are new terms used to avoid affirming the genders of male and female. These words are intended to replace "homosexual" and "heterosexual" in which the genders of male and female are affirmed. And "androphile" would refer to a man or a woman attracted to a man. And a "gynephile" is a man or woman attracted to a woman. One should note how how language is altered and manipulated to embed concepts (or erase) them from the minds of people.
- The proportion of those attracted to women and those attracted to men in a population is 20:1. That is to say, more than 95% of a population is attracted to females while less than 5% is attracted to males. If the propensity for pedophilia was the same between heterosexuals and homosexuals, then the ratio of true pedophiles would also be 20:1. That is to say, for every 20 heterosexual males who were attracted to underage girls, there should be 1 homosexual male attracted to underage boys.
- However, the ratio of heterosexual to homosexual pedophiles was approximately 11:1, much lower than the 20:1 figure that would be expected all things being equal. That is to say there are roughly twice the amount of "true pedophiles" among homosexuals compared to heterosexuals.
- The authors of the paper try to downplay the implications by asserting: "This, of course, would not indicate that androphilic males have a greater propensity to offend against children", despite the fact that that is exactly what the data is suggesting.
- There is a simple, factual, empirical explanation for this data. Anal sex is an intrusive, harmful practice. A rectum can only take so much abuse before it has to go into early retirement, and as such the activities of a subset of homosexuals will tend to gravitate towards finding new sodomizable partners, younger, fresher ones. Thus, there are twice the amount of true pedophiles among homosexuals as there are among heterosexuals.